Mr. Vital's Website

Live life to the fullest!

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Toughest Species (9/14)

mrvital
Site Owner

Read the article, and answer the following questions. (Remember three quality posts)

ARTICLE

1. What is the subject of the article?

2. What will be the last species on Earth? Why?

3. Which of the three events mentioned has the best chance of boiling the oceans? Explain

4. Summarize the article in one sentence.

September 14, 2017 at 8:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hayden Kearney
1 That there are different kind of species that could survive to be the last species on earth. 2 the last species on earth will be the tardigrade because its a micro animal/water bear will survive in till the sun dies 3 nothing has the best change of boiling the ocean cause there is so much 4 This article talks about how a micro animal can survive instill the sun dies
September 15, 2017 at 4:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Aneesh Guda

1.the subject of the article is about tartigrades.These are specias that can survive extreme heat and even space.2.The last specias on earth will be the tartigrade.This is because tartigrades can survive up to 30 years without food and water.This is important because in a catastrophic event,food and water could be rare.Also,they can survive extreme heat and cold and can survive at the depths of the ocean. 3.The event that has the best chance of boiling away the oceans is the astroid.This is because its more likely then a supernova. 4.Tartigrades are excellent survivers and will be on this planet long after we are gone

--

Aneesh Guda 8)

September 15, 2017 at 7:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Anna A.

1. The subject of the article is about Tartigrades that wil live until the sun dies.                       2. The last speices on earth will be the Tartigrades. They can live up to many years without food or water and they can survive in extreme heat and small spaces.                                   3. Asterids and dwarf planets,Vesta and Pluto are the most powerful  of dwarf planets and asteroids to boil the ocean but they wont ever intersect with the earths orbit. Supernova, to boil the ocean the exploding star would need to be 0.14 light years away and the closest one is four year away but the probability is negligible.Lastly Gamma-Ray Bursts,these are brighter and rarer than the supernova and to boil the oceans it would be no more than 40  light years away.                                                                                                                     4. This article talks about tartigrades/water bears and how they will be the last speices on earth and that they will live until the sun dies.

--

ANNA ALONSO

September 16, 2017 at 11:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Anna A.

Hayden Kearney at September 15, 2017 at 4:02 PM

1 That there are different kind of species that could survive to be the last species on earth. 2 the last species on earth will be the tardigrade because its a micro animal/water bear will survive in till the sun dies 3 nothing has the best change of boiling the ocean cause there is so much 4 This article talks about how a micro animal can survive instill the sun dies

They are really tiny little water bears and for the fact that you can only best see them through a microscope is kind of scary a little.

September 16, 2017 at 11:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Anna A.

Aneesh Guda at September 15, 2017 at 7:43 PM

1.the subject of the article is about tartigrades.These are specias that can survive extreme heat and even space.2.The last specias on earth will be the tartigrade.This is because tartigrades can survive up to 30 years without food and water.This is important because in a catastrophic event,food and water could be rare.Also,they can survive extreme heat and cold and can survive at the depths of the ocean. 3.The event that has the best chance of boiling away the oceans is the astroid.This is because its more likely then a supernova. 4.Tartigrades are excellent survivers and will be on this planet long after we are gone

Tartigrades really are exellent survivers, I can't bevilive they can survive through like armost anything like that. I wish i could survive throgh anything.

September 16, 2017 at 11:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Andrew The Meme Lord

mrvital at September 14, 2017 at 8:12 PM

Read the article, and answer the following questions. (Remember three quality posts)

ARTICLE

1. What is the subject of the article?

2. What will be the last species on Earth? Why?

3. Which of the three events mentioned has the best chance of boiling the oceans? Explain

4. Summarize the article in one sentence.

1. the subject of the articale is about the tardigrade witch is a small micro oganisum and is also refferd as a water bear and how it will live when the earth dies in therory(i think) . 2.it will be the last species problby the Tradigrade its industrusctible for what we know not only that it can survive 30 YEARS without food and can survive in the Vaccum of frozen space its max size is about 0.5mm and this oggonisums can live to 60 years . 3. 1.Astroinds thares not alot of them thats can boil the ocenans but thare are some but also these will never enter the earths orbit so thares no threat   2.SuperNova in oder for a exploding star to boil the oceans is if its 0.14 light years away and the closeset star to us in 4 light years away ans sence its so far to kill the human race its negligible.  3 .Gamma-Ray bursts are even brighter and more rare than a supernova . Much like supernovas  gamma-ray bursts are way too far away from earth to be considered a feasible threat, and not only that it needs to be 40light years away and the chacnes of that happening a burstoccurring so close is again its minor.  so out of the three i would choose #1 becuse astroids are more common that Gamma-Ray Bursts and SuperNova's and also are alot of the time ,super novas and Gamma-Ray Bursts are like  (super nova 50years) . (gamma-ray bursts are unknown but probly im going to take a edgecated  guess and say every 178 years) and for those to be close enofe to kill us so so so unlikely  4. so to summerize the artical the tradigrades will almost never die when all life is gone and the chaces of the oceans boiling are so highly unlikely we will be safe pretty much till the sun explodes and tradigrades are indstrutible for all we know. -Andrew 9/16/17 (this tooke me an hour) btw this is so awesome and interesting artiles if possible please send more to me i love this type of stuff

--

��

September 16, 2017 at 1:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Noah
I think that the subject of the article is water bears because it talks about water bears and how they will be the last species
--

September 16, 2017 at 2:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Reagan
1. The subject of the article is about a microscopic organism called the tardigrade, or water bear, and how it will be the last species on Earth. 2. The water bear will be the last species on Earth because it is almost indestructible and can live even if the sun has burned out and only cold, barren land is left. Also, they can survive 30 years without food or water, and they can survive the cold vacuum of space. They can live up to 60 years, and you can't see them without a microscope. #. The three things that could possibly boil the oceans are asteroids, gamma ray bursts, and supernovas. Only a few asteroids and dwarf planets could boil the Earth's oceans, but they have a very low chance of hitting us. An exploding star would have to be 0.14 light years away in order to boil the Earth's oceans, but the star closest to the sun is 4 light years away, too far to be a threat to us. Gamma rays need to be 40 light years away to boil the oceans, but they are also too far away from us to be a threat. 4. This article talks about which animal is the most likely to survive after the sun has died and everything else is wiped out, and then it talks about what could most likely wipe out that creature.
September 16, 2017 at 2:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Maeve

1)The subject  of the artical is since Tardigrades would survive on earth no matter what. They can survive 30 year with out water or food. So if something would happen to us humans, the Tardigrades whould stay alive. 2) The Tardigrades would by far be the last species on earth because they can even survive "all astrophysical calamities,such as an astroid." They can also survive in 150 degree Celsius.3) Tardigrades are and amazing animal and if anything who happen to humans, we would be saved by this animal to keep earth going.

September 16, 2017 at 3:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Andrew McCabe the squirrel

1.) The subject is about water bears.

2.) Water bears are going to be the last creatures on earth because they are said to be indestructible because they can survive all natural disasters.

3.) Asteroids are the most likely to hit earth and boil the ocean because asteroids don't have to be lightyears away and they can happen any time of the year .

4.)  Water bears are said to be indestructible but humans are a sensitive species and it is said that humans wont last longer than water bears.

September 16, 2017 at 7:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

I agree with Aneesh  because how do water bears live longer than use they are so tiny just like me. 

Do you think I'll live longer too?  :D8)

September 16, 2017 at 8:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

I ment us

September 16, 2017 at 8:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Noah at September 16, 2017 at 2:42 PM

I think that the subject of the article is water bears because it talks about water bears and how they will be the last species

I agree with Noah because water bears are clearly in the article.:roll:

September 16, 2017 at 8:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

#PrincessAmanda :]

1.] I think the subject of the article is that when the earth "ends" the last creatureof earth would be the tardigrade/water bear. 2.] I think the last species on earth will be tardigrade because from the article it seems like a very strong amd hardy. 3.]  The event thet is most likley to boil the oceans are the astroids because that event is the most likly to happen. 4.] The summery of the article in one sentence is ..... The tardigrade is a creature that can survive when the earth ends because they are very tough, ca survive without food or water for thirty years, can deal with 150 degrees celsius, and finally, It can live up to 60 years.

--

Amanda Champagne

September 17, 2017 at 10:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

hyacinthho

1. The subject of the article is that tardigrades will be the last living organisms on Earth. 2. Tardigrades(water bears) will be the last living thing on earth because they can go for up 30 years without food and water. Also tardigrades can survive the deep sea, space and temperatures up to 302 degrees fairenheit. 3. THe first three events that can boil the ocean are asteroids, supernovas and gamma ray bursts. These three events have to be in certain distances from the earth to boil the ocean and scientists say that it is very,very,very,very unlikely any of those events will reach that distance. 4. Tardigrades will survive the longest unless the ocean is boiled.

Hyacinth Ho

September 17, 2017 at 10:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Anna A. at September 16, 2017 at 11:16 AM

1. The subject of the article is about Tartigrades that wil live until the sun dies.                       2. The last speices on earth will be the Tartigrades. They can live up to many years without food or water and they can survive in extreme heat and small spaces.                                   3. Asterids and dwarf planets,Vesta and Pluto are the most powerful  of dwarf planets and asteroids to boil the ocean but they wont ever intersect with the earths orbit. Supernova, to boil the ocean the exploding star would need to be 0.14 light years away and the closest one is four year away but the probability is negligible.Lastly Gamma-Ray Bursts,these are brighter and rarer than the supernova and to boil the oceans it would be no more than 40  light years away.                                                                                                                     4. This article talks about tartigrades/water bears and how they will be the last speices on earth and that they will live until the sun dies.

I agree with Anna because astroids are very powerful and can boil the oceans. I also agree with her because tardigrades seem very strong and can survive for a while.

--

Amanda Champagne

September 17, 2017 at 10:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hayden Kearney at September 15, 2017 at 4:02 PM

I agree with Hayden because I wrote something very simular to his. I think the astroids could boil the ocean, and this article does talk about how this micro animal could survive the earth ending.

--

Amanda Champagne

September 17, 2017 at 10:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hannah L.

1. I think that the subject of this article is water bears because that is what the article is saying will be the last species on Earth.2. The water bears will be the last species on Earth because they are are the toughest species and can live up to 30 years without food or water.There are also many more reasons scientists think this.3.The Gamma-ray bursts are the most likely to happen because bolth of the other options are to far away.4. This article explains why they think that water bears will be the last survivors on Earth.

--
September 17, 2017 at 11:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hannah L.

I think that Aneesh is right that Tartigrades are excellent survivers a that they will be on this planet for a long time after humans are gone.

--
September 17, 2017 at 11:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.