Mr. Vital's Website

Live life to the fullest!

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Make a Difference (9/7)

mrvital
Site Owner

Think of a way that you can change AMSA for the better, and share it with you classmates. Think big!

You must respond to this prompt using complete sentences. You must make at least three postings (this one and two of your classmates).

September 7, 2017 at 9:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hayden Kearney
I believe that a longer break would help everyone to get back in the learning mood. I think that cause in classes I've been in the shorter the break more people get tired of learning that subject. Also another reason is that we can relax for a minute before going back to math,history,Ela etc.
September 7, 2017 at 3:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Anna A.

Hayden Kearney at September 7, 2017 at 3:54 PM

I believe that a longer break would help everyone to get back in the learning mood. I think that cause in classes I've been in the shorter the break more people get tired of learning that subject. Also another reason is that we can relax for a minute before going back to math,history,Ela etc.

I agree with Hayden cause sometimes I forget something for my next class in my locker and my next class is on the same floor as my previous class so I would have to go down stars open my locker get my stuff deal with traffic in the hallways and the try to make it up to class and probably late.  

September 7, 2017 at 5:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brenda Dasilva

mrvital at September 7, 2017 at 9:22 AM

Think of a way that you can change AMSA for the better, and share it with you classmates. Think big!

You must respond to this prompt using complete sentences. You must make at least three postings (this one and two of your classmates).

I think that something AMSA could change is the way that they have their schedule. I think that they should change it because we always have to keep looking at it, after every class, that happens because we have 8 days in our schedule and we cant memorize everything because it is different everyday. So my idea to them is we should have 3 days instead of 8 days in our schedule.

--

Sincerely, Brenda

September 7, 2017 at 6:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brenda Dasilva

I agree with Hayden Kearney because we all get tired especually on mondays and sometimes we dont even want to learn because we need a break. And like he said it will help everyone get into a learning mood. That is why i agree with Hayden

--

Sincerely, Brenda

September 7, 2017 at 6:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Anna A.

Brenda Dasilva at September 7, 2017 at 6:13 PM

I think that something AMSA could change is the way that they have their schedule. I think that they should change it because we always have to keep looking at it, after every class, that happens because we have 8 days in our schedule and we cant memorize everything because it is different everyday. So my idea to them is we should have 3 days instead of 8 days in our schedule.

I think Brenda is right. It is very confusing to keep looking at your scedule and memorizing every thing. I mean how can anyone remember 8 different days and 8 different routines? So I agree with Brenda.

September 7, 2017 at 7:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Anna A.

Anna A. at September 7, 2017 at 5:50 PM

I agree with Hayden cause sometimes I forget something for my next class in my locker and my next class is on the same floor as my previous class so I would have to go down stars open my locker get my stuff deal with traffic in the hallways and the try to make it up to class and probably late.  

So we need a break and a longer time between classes so we're not in a rush.

September 7, 2017 at 7:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Anna A.

What I think would make AMSA a better place is to have a more orginized way to get to classes.                         What I mean by this is that right now the traffic in the halways are really bad. Some 8th graders are walking like 4 MPH and im trying to get to class on the third floor so I'm like "Excuse me, pardon me, comming through, sorry" and like crawling through peoples legs (not really) and then they go and move to like 5 MPH, like that helps with any thing. Also when i'm trying to get through the down only staircase and everyones blocking the door and somtimes theres people just standing there, in the middle of the narrow hallway like nothings happening! I try to be nice and not push them but I end up shoving them to the side a little bit. (But I honestly don't mean it.) So I think that there should be better traffic orginization in the hallways.

This is what would make AMSA a better place for everyone!:)                                                                                                                         

--

ANNA ALONSO

September 7, 2017 at 7:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dylan hunt

I think that we should get a longer lunch. Lunch is so short that by the time I finish eating there is no time to talk to all my friends. Also if kids do not have alot of time at lunch they will start to talk in class. When kids talk in class it is not very purductive and it is basically the whole class is wasted. That is what I believe will make this school great .

September 8, 2017 at 8:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

YiannisK

Way that we can make amsa better is have longer periods. Plus we should get more time in between classes to get our thing. Say we have Gym and we get back late from four kick and are late for class. That time we missed was valublue learning tie down the drain. Those are my ways Amsa chould be changed for the better

--

Ioannis kambosos

September 8, 2017 at 10:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Aneesh Guda

I think that there should be more time to transition.I know that five minutes is a long time,but sometimes it feels like it isnt.Some class's you have are far away from each other,and also you have to go to your locker.The hallways are also crowded so it makes it difficult to get somewhere.I feel like we should have about one to two minutes extra to transition so that we can always get to class on time.

September 9, 2017 at 10:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aneesh Guda

YiannisK at September 8, 2017 at 10:04 PM

Way that we can make amsa better is have longer periods. Plus we should get more time in between classes to get our thing. Say we have Gym and we get back late from four kick and are late for class. That time we missed was valublue learning tie down the drain. Those are my ways Amsa chould be changed for the better

I agree because the class's can feel short at times.I agree how we should have more time to get to your next class because some classrooms are very far away from eachother.I think 50 minutes in a period would be better then 45,so we can have more time to learn things.

September 9, 2017 at 10:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brenda Dasilva

Dylan hunt at September 8, 2017 at 8:56 AM

I think that we should get a longer lunch. Lunch is so short that by the time I finish eating there is no time to talk to all my friends. Also if kids do not have alot of time at lunch they will start to talk in class. When kids talk in class it is not very purductive and it is basically the whole class is wasted. That is what I believe will make this school great .

I agree with Dylan Hunt because we never have enough time to eat and also, since we never have enough time to talk to our friends that leads us to talking to our friends in class. That is why i agree with Dylan Hunt.

--

Sincerely, Brenda

September 9, 2017 at 4:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooke

I think AMSA should have a longer lunch. I think we should have a longer lunch because every lunch I am quickly eating my food because lunch is the only time you can talk to your friends. Also a lot of 6th graders are used to a 30min lunch but we are only getting about a  20min lunch. Something else I want to add is that parents always pack their kids a big lunch but they don't get enough time to eat it so they might waste food. That is what I think will help make AMSA better.

September 9, 2017 at 7:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooke

Brenda Dasilva at September 7, 2017 at 6:13 PM

I agree with Brenda because it is hard to memorize your schedule. Also it will take more time during transitions and if you stop to look aty your schedule you block the hallway. That is why I agree with Brenda.

--
Brooke Ryan
September 9, 2017 at 7:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brooke

I agree with Hayden because it also makes people rush and stress and that is not good for learning. Another thing is that kids need to have a break to relax because what if they just had a really big test. That is why I agree with Hayden.

--
Brooke Ryan
September 9, 2017 at 8:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

YiannisK

I agree with Hayden because when he says " a longer break would help everyone to get back in the learning mood".Because when you have 5 minutes to get your stuff and head to the next class class you get tired walking up and down stairs then you get tired and don't want to learn as much.Those are my reasons why i agree with Haden

--

Ioannis kambosos

September 9, 2017 at 8:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hannah Manning
I think that we could make AMSA a better place by not pushing and shoving in the hallways. I think this because I was almost late to class twice just because I got stuck on the stairs with people tripping over me, and pushing me into other people. Maybe, if we tried harder not to push or rush the hallways would be a bit more enjoyable and we would get to class on time
September 9, 2017 at 8:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hannah Manning
I agree with Hayden because with all of the shoving in the hallway you are always rushing at your locker and trying to rush to class.
September 9, 2017 at 8:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hannah Manning
I agree with Brenda because the 8 day schedule is really hard to memorize and I have to look at my schedule every period.
September 9, 2017 at 8:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.